Systems Administrator - TS/SCI Req'd
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Experience providing technical support for both hardware and software issues
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Experience managing virtual and physical servers with Windows Server 2003 - 2012 R2
- Manage Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and server and workstation patching with SCCM
- Have familiarity with MS SQL server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policy
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Experience performing software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
- Develop required reports in response to business user and management needs.
- Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.
- Build and deploy new servers on the network as needed.
- Ability to work independently and with a team when needed
Must possess appropriate; current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTia Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition; must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification prior to Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.