Sr Configuration Analyst - TS/SCI Req'd
- Provides configuration management support to assigned projects.
- Analyzes complex engineering change proposals to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations, and system updates.
- Performs various audits and documents results.
- Monitors subcontractors and vendors to ensure that the applications of customer standards and requirements for the statement of work are properly implemented.
- Develops configuration and data management documentation based on program requirements.
- Participates in design reviews, audits, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- Identifies requirements and coordinates the development and implementation of computer based configuration/data management systems and related support.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
5-8 years of related configuration management experience.
- Provide technical assistance in troubleshooting, identifying, evaluating, developing and repairing voice, data, and/or video systems and procedures.
- Ability to work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based on user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, full implementation follow-through and documentation requirements.
- Manage all configuration and engineering documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness. Documentation includes facility maps, site floor plans, rack elevations, patch panel, equipment shelf layouts, system overviews, circuit drawings.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive web site pages arranged so that technicians can intuitively navigate to find desired information.
- Maintain configuration management database information to ensure accurate records for all systems and circuits maintained.
- Provide planning and engineering of communications requirements for the installation of new systems and facilities.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of engineering documentation for all installations and upgrades.
- Work closely with technicians to ensure that they thoroughly understand the plans and documentation.
- Work with customers to define their communications requirements, engineer solutions, and develop supporting documentation.
- Assist technicians to ensure readiness of systems to support launch customers.
- TCP/IP addressing/subnetting knowledge required.
- Experience with Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and VRF)
- Experience with LAN switching concepts (STP, 802.1q, VTP, etc.)
- Experience with VoIP concepts (MGCP, H.323, Voice Gateways, CUCM, etc.).
- Knowledge of Cisco router and switch configuration (familiarity with the following hardware types: 28xx, 39xx, 76XX routers).
- Knowledge of Juniper switch configuration (familiarity with the EX series of switches).
- Knowledge of PESA or industry equivalent video matrix switch configuration and operation.
- Experience with public carrier and telecommunications technologies such as T1, fractional T1, DS3, and OC3/12/48 over copper and fiber
- Desire to exceed customer expectations, desire to advance in one's career, strong commitment to program goals and deliverables. Excellent communication skills and strong work ethic.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. All candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.