Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Employee is responsible for managing the College's grant accounting, internal controls, invoicing, and financial reporting requirements for all federal, state, local and other grants, including direct lending. Employee will work with the grants coordinator to provide training for grants; will set up cost centers and budgets; assist with close out; and prepare financial reporting, so as to ensure compliance with fiscal grant provisions. Employee will assist the director by maintaining the capital projects accounting records. Employee will also work with grant cost center managers, providing assistance with accounting, budget, reporting, and compliance, as needed.
- Responsible for grant and capital project accounting and monthly review of cost centers for proper budget, revenue, expenses, and encumbrances.
- Responsible for working with the grants coordinator and grant managers to provide training and accounting guidance.
- Ensures fiscal compliance with funding agency and financial aid guidelines and all legal requirements of grants.
- Responsible for cash management of all grants.
- Responsible to ensure accuracy of submissions of financial reports; surveys; and state and federal reporting related to grants. Prepares as needed.
- Provides assistance with grant proposals and budget submissions as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation of all audit schedules related to grants and coordinate work with auditors.
- Responsible to monitor and reconcile direct lending accounting.
- Responsible to prepare scholarship analysis for GAAP reporting required for the annual financial report.
- Bachelor's degree required; major in accounting preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of accounting experience with grants or equivalent accounting work.
- Training and certifications related to grant administration preferred; willingness to obtain training and certifications as needed.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and principles as they relate to all areas assigned.
- Extensive experience using computerized accounting software including spreadsheets and word processing software. Experience with Ellucian's Colleague, Synoptix, Business Objects and Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Ability to coordinate with other areas of the college and external agencies to perform duties.
- Ability to interact tactfully and to deal courteously and effectively with others.
- Ability to use own initiative to locate and resolve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Hours Per Week: 37.5
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Compensation: Starting $59,937 plus excellent health insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement.
- Grade: 15
- FLSA Status: Exempt from over time
- Open Until Filled: For best consideration apply by August 18, 2017
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
Please include the following documents:
1. Cover letter
Link for announcement on our site: https://howardcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=87178&CNTRNO=1&TSTMP=1501514661800[howardcc.interviewexchange.com]