Director, Marketing Communications
We are the oldest and largest global professional membership organization representing the field of endocrinology. Our members come from 122 countries, with 40 percent living outside the United States. We are unique in that our members are not only on the frontier of breakthrough research discoveries, but they also apply this knowledge in the treatment of patients with hundreds of debilitating hormone-related diseases and conditions such as diabetes, obesity, osteoporosis, thyroid disorders, and infertility.
We are entering our second century energized by the promise of unravelling the mysteries of hormone disorders to cure and care for patients. We are passionate about our mission and are seeking a Director of Marketing Communications who will help us deliver market growth by embracing our global leadership. You will be responsible for designing, building and implementing a content marketing strategy to strengthen the impact of our content to grow our global reach, strengthen our market position, grow membership and promote our brand. You will lead a cross-functional team that requires close collaboration to execute our system-wide content strategy and integrated delivery approach to raise our brand awareness and increase revenue for the Society.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of marketing experience required; association experience required, medical/scientific/healthcare association preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing strategies, concepts and practices.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate marketing activities for a wide product line.
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data to develop metrics that support decision-making for resources allocation and subsequent campaigns.
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships and work effectively with senior management.
- Outstanding presentation and oral communication skills.
We believe in and empower our staff. We know that with our investment in their growth, they have an even greater potential to contribute to our organization. Our core values embody the character and culture of our staff – they guide our decision making, interactions and how we serve our members. As an organization, we are committed to: demonstrating responsible stewardship, treating one another with trust and mutual respect, supporting work life balance, sustaining an inclusive environment, and fostering an environment that encompasses communication, service, collaboration, results & innovation.
What you’ll own:
- Developing marketing strategies that ensure growth of our conferences, meetings and exhibits, membership, journals, products and services and patient education. This includes market research and analysis, developing a campaign, timeline, identifying the target audience, managing the budget, production, distribution, and tracking results.
- In collaboration with the CCO, increasing revenue using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications and advertising.
- Under the leadership of the CCO working with cross functional teams to design an enterprise-wide content marketing strategy and implementation plan that integrates with our editorial calendar and promotes our brand and image.
- Leading the creativity of our marketing efforts to develop desirable content marketing roadmaps that yield member engagement.
What you’ll do well:
- Leverage data and analytics and synthesize for patterns to develop the member decision journey.
- Build brand awareness and ensure that all communications align with the brand.
- Integrate our messages in a multichannel environment such as video, webcast, and social medial tools that engage our stakeholders and drive them towards our content.
- Collaborate with the Membership Engagement team to research our member experience and interaction with the organization and drive improvements by connecting member needs and our content strategy.
- Effectively lead the marketing team in designing the right strategies and processes to carry out the marketing campaigns in a multichannel environment.
- Implement measurements in all campaigns to effectively analyze marketing efforts for evaluation of its success, makes recommendation for increased ROI, and reports outcomes to the leadership team.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Working with a staff that has passion for our mission, believes in one another and has fun.
- The chance to work in an environment that empowers staff to take informed risks and create new programs and services.
- A chance to make a contribution in a fun job with room to make it your own.
- A strong and competitive salary and benefits package that focuses on your well-being and financial health.
Endocrine Society offers a convenient downtown DC location within walking distance of Farragut North/Farragut West and Foggy Bottom Metro stations. Qualified candidates interested in a purposeful work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including a generous TIAA- CREF retirement plan with 10% employer contribution. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
When applying to this position, you will be directed to an external job application site hosted by ADP. If you are a first-time user, please register for your unique login information before applying for this position.