The Association for Talent Development (ATD), is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals take the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others and help them achieve their full potential. We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant for our Finance department. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic about providing quality service to the department’s internal customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare recurring monthly journal entries
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and daily cash reporting
- Review and prepare reclassification entries submitted by budget holders
- Instrumental in the monthly close process
- Assist in monthly preparation of financial statements
- Prepare monthly financial reports for management
- Revise or create Policies & Procedures as needed
- Provide support to third-party auditors (annual audit preparation)
- Perform special projects as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP as it related to managerial accounting, amortization and depreciation schedules
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Moderate to Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite ERP accounting module
- Experience with membership-based associations
- Experience with Personify, or similar Association Management System software
- Position Reports to Controller
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all of our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ATD is an EOE/M/F/D/V workplace, and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
We lead the industry. And our industry changes the world. Apply today!