Teacher - Career and Technology Education (Collision Repair) - Center of Applied Tech South
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Provides for instruction of students by developing, selecting, and modifying instructional plans and materials and presenting them using instructional techniques which meet the needs of all students. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of students. Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings and activities. Monitors and evaluates student performance. Develops and implements plans to improve student performance. Maintains required records and follows required procedures and practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Establishes clear goals and objectives. Plans and prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials.
2. Provides instruction that includes but is not limited to: preventative maintenance, repair, and installation.
3. Evaluates student progress using appropriate assessment techniques. Prepares, administers and corrects evaluations and assessments, and records results.
4. Works to ensure the development of quality workmanship, and good work habits.
5. Selects and uses appropriate instructional strategies including, but not limited to, lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
6. Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
7. Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
8. Counsels' pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise.
9. Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
10. May serve on special committees.
11. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, textbooks, materials and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, Board Policy and Administrative Regulation.
13. Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods.
14. Improves skill and knowledge base in current trends, research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, problem solving and interdisciplinary connections.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional assistants, teacher assistants, and volunteers.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Support SkillsUSA. Maintains/expands a program advisory committee composed of educators, business/clinical partners and post-secondary representatives. Assists with the development of post-secondary opportunities such as proficiency credits and internships. May be asked to teach Career Exploration as an extended day program when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Qualify for certification as an instructor based on guidelines established by applicable MSDE COMAR regulations.
· Years of trade experience or a combination of college courses/degree and documented full time trade experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Possess knowledge of school organization, goals and objectives, curriculum, teaching techniques, current trends, research and materials of instruction in field of specialization, and an understanding of the teaching/learning process.
· Ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education.
· Ability to infuse technology into curriculum.
· Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school board staff, students, parents and community. Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
· Ability to demonstrate techniques necessary to instruct students in area of assignment.
· Required to attend school meetings, programs and activities outside the instructional day as necessary.
· Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse populations and communities.
· Ability to develop outreach strategies to encourage parental involvement in student learning.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and engage diverse parents/ guardians with varied communication styles, levels of skill and experience to support their child's education experience.
· Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
· Ability for independent mobility throughout the school building/facility.
· Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook and/or PowerPoint preferred).
· See Education
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.