Information Technology Specialist
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
For EHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
For Direct Hire Positions:
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment procedure applications will be accepted for each location/ installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS GS-05 and GS-07:
Undergraduate or Graduate education: Degree in any field
Experience demonstrating each of the following competencies: 1-attention to detail-through when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail, 2-customer service-works with clients and customers to assess needs, provide information or assistance, and resolve their problems or satisfy their expectations, 3-oral communication-express information to individuals or groups effectively, 4-problem solving- identifies problems, determines accuracy of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS GS-09 to GS-15:
Undergraduate or Graduate education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
IT related experience demonstrating each of the following competencies: 1-attention to detail-through when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail, 2-customer service-works with clients and customers to assess needs, provide information or assistance, and resolve their problems or satisfy their expectations, 3-oral communication-express information to individuals or groups effectively, 4-problem solving- identifies problems, determines accuracy of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
For GS-7: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 that demonstrated knowledge of computer requirements and techniques in carrying out project assignments consisting of several related tasks, such as development of minor modifications to parts of a system on the basis of detailed specifications provided. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Analysis of the interrelationships of pertinent components of the system; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment.
For GS-9: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 that demonstrated knowledge of computer requirements and techniques in carrying out project assignments consisting of several related tasks, such as development of minor modifications to parts of a system on the basis of detailed specifications provided. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Analysis of the interrelationships of pertinent components of the system; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment; and personal responsibility for at least a segment of the overall project.
For GS-11: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 that demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques. For example, experience in developing modifications to parts of a system that required significant revisions in the logic or techniques used in the original development. Accomplishments, in addition to those noted for the GS-9, normally involve the following, or the equivalent: Knowledge of the customary approaches, techniques, and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls; and adaptation of guidelines or precedents to the needs of the assignment.
For GS-12: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level that demonstrated experience in planning, analyzing, acquisition, designing, developing, implementing, quality assurance, configuration, integrating, maintenance testing, operational integrity, and/or management of systems used.
For GS-13: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 that demonstrated experience in providing technical expertise on architecture, acquisition, certification and accreditation, systems tailoring for an organization mission; planning, organizing and managing the IT requirements and assessing long and short-term IT integration and migration capabilities; planning current and future system architecture requirements.
For GS-14: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 that demonstrated experience in serving as senior IT specialist and consultant to senior management in support of organization wide IT policy, budget and plans for systems development, acquisition, installation, operation and maintenance; planning, organizing, and overseeing the activities of the IT organization and reviewing policies, procedures, mission objectives and organization design for the staff; serving as the recognized authority in the analysis and direction of IT programs and issues; and in researching, interpreting, analyzing and applying operations and security guidance.
For GS-15: 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 that demonstrated experience in representing the IT program at senior and executive levels with government and contractor organizations; providing expert technical advice and guidance to senior leadership on appropriate application of technology to meet current and future mission requirements; advising on maturity and viability of emerging IT solutions to include recommendations; development and implementation of IT capabilities and policy; performs oversight roles within the planning implementing, monitoring, and assessing programs; applies project management techniques and analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved systems; and reviews application of IT solutions including technological cost estimates.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Information Technology principles, concepts, practices, systems software, database software, and immediate access storage technology to carry out activities.
2. Ability to assess and advise on a variety of sources and procedures and methods for systems and applications.
3. Knowledge of system requirements and techniques for planning current and future system architecture requirements.
4. Knowledge of commonly applied principles, concepts, and methodologies, operating characteristics and capabilities of systems, media, equipment, and related software systems, processes and procedures.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the enterprise structural framework to align IT strategy, plans, and systems with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the organization.
- Applying analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations. Design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of new or existing applications software.
- Planning, installation, configuration, testing, implementation, and management of the systems environment in support of the organizations IT architecture and business needs. Planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video formats.
- Planning, development, implementation, and administration of systems for the acquisition, storage, and retrieval of data. Planning and coordinating the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems. Planning and delivery of customer support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements.