The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
For EHA Positions:
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
GS-13: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience to at least the (GS-12) grade level under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience such as performing duties that demonstrate my ability to demonstrate the highest degree of judgement, resourcefulness, management skills, and oral and written communications.
GS-14: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience to at least the (GS-13) grade level under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems. Specialized experience in performing duties such mastery of advanced concepts, principles and practices of environmental engineering that enables the employee to serve as the technical authority in the development of guidance, criteria, and standards for implementing and managing Environmental Analysis.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Ability to demonstrate the highest degree of judgement, resourcefulness, management skills, and oral and written communications.
2. Mastery of advanced concepts, principles and practices of environmental engineering that enables the employee to serve as the technical authority in the development of guidance, criteria, and standards for implementing and managing Environmental Analysis.
3. Knowledge of environmental protection concepts, principles, techniques and practices to enable the incumbent to make reasoned judgements on process improvement.
4. Mastery of written of oral communications and ability to prepare and present written and oral presentations to superior and subordinate organizations and assemblies.
5. Knowledge and skill to apply the latest developments in managements practices to resolve problems for which accepted methods are not applicable.
6. Knowledge in environment quality that involve Federal, state, DoD and Air Force policies, directives, and regulations. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Identifies, develops, implements, and revises Command Interagency and Intergovernmental Coordination for Environmental Planning (IICEP), Environmental Baseline Survey (EBS) to satisfy legally mandated requirements, executive orders, department directives and agency policies.
- Develops, institutionalizes and uses programs performance measures and monitoring processes to assess the ability of the Command and field units to meet stated program goals and mission essential tasks.
- Evaluates all Command mission plans, programs, operations and activities to determine resources needed to satisfy all Intergovernmental Coordination for Environmental Planning (IICEP), Environmental Baseline Survey (EBS), laws, regulations, standards, directives and policies.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-13 Target GS-14).