MENTORING AND COACHING SPECIALIST
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university; school administration and supervision endorsement preferred
- Has knowledge of the principles and practices of public school administration and employee evaluation systems
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills and a preference for detail
- Has demonstrated commitment to professional growth and learning
- Has a minimum of five years successful teaching experience and is recognized as an exemplary classroom teacher and excellent professional role model
- Has demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for working effectively with colleagues, administrators, and students
- Has working knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or bend, and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
The Mentor and Coaching Specialist is responsible for supporting the mission of Loudoun County Public Schools in its effort to cultivate a staff of highly effective teachers.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the orientation of new personnel and provide information, direction, and assistance in accordance with LCPS goals and core beliefs
- Communicate and work collaboratively and confidentially with teachers and administrators
- Assist the Mentor, Coaching, and Evaluation Supervisor by monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of the Mentor and Coaching program
- Develop manuals and materials for mentors, lead mentors, and instructional coaches to use in their assigned roles; develop protocols that provide a framework for the support of teacher performance
- Design and provide workshops and training that will enhance the professional development of teachers
- Write state and local reports on the support LCPS provides to teachers and assist in budget preparation and monitoring of local and grant funding
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Mentor and Coaching Specialist is directly responsible to the Mentor, Coaching, and Evaluation Supervisor in the Department of Human Resources and Talent Development.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 1
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per day
FROM - TO -