Health Information Manager - Temp-to-Hire
Immediate opportunity for an experienced individual to manage the medical records program in a retirement community. Responsibilities include:
- Creates, manages and maintains a medical record for each resident based on the appropriate regulations for each level of care.
- Schedules and coordinates bi-annual credentials meetings with the Executive Director
- Monitors the maintenance of health care professional files to ensure applicable credential, malpractice, insurance, and license information is correct and up-to-date
- Participates in an after-hours, compensated On Call rotation with other members of the Health Information Services Department
- Is available by work cell phone for urgent/emergent situations on an as needed basis
- Acts as a liaison between medical claims and nursing by maintaining and providing census information and other health-related information and documents
- Manage Certification and Recertification of all Medicare Part A residents
- Associate of Science Degree in health-related discipline from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum of four years’ progressively responsible experience in Medical Records in a Long Term Health Care facility.
- Coding Certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with others.