Membership and Operations Senior Associate
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a Membership and Operations Senior Associate to join our Business + Trade Industry Practice in Washington, DC. Representing the majority of our client organizations, the Business + Trade team helps associations create value for the members by delivering strategy and thought leadership, networking opportunities, commerce solutions, education and certification, and advocacy and promotion. The Membership and Operations Senior Associate plays an integral role in supporting and guiding the nonprofit volunteers, members and committees from our client organizations.
What You Will Do
- Maintain first-rate customer service as the front-line contact to SmithBucklin's association client organizations and association members; enhance support and service by responding to customer needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Build and sustain strong member relations through attentive detail in handling member requests and volunteer interaction
- Provide administrative and project support to the client and staff team, including database maintenance, batch processing and reporting
- Provide membership services support by managing the organization's data and generating reports as needed
- Write and produce content for electronic communications
- Maintain and update areas of the association Web site with current information, benefits, member programs, etc.
- Assist with the preparation and operation of conferences
- Collaborate with various SmithBucklin service units including Marketing & Communications, Financial Management & Accounting, IT, and Convention and Trade Show Services to provide the best client service possible'
- Support the processing of membership dues, manage the lockbox, oversee accounts payable/accounts receivable, and track invoices
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a demonstrated history of handling multiple tasks simultaneously and the ability to prioritize a heavy workload
- You possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- You exhibit a strong customer service orientation, including the demonstrated ability to tailor communication to various audiences
- You enjoy working in a team-focused atmosphere but executing tasks independently
- You thrive in fast-paced environments
- You have the ability to travel up to 5%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in a nonprofit or agency environment is preferred
- Previous experience in budget management and forecasting is a plus
- Database management experience (iMIS preferred) is a plus
- Web editing experience a plus (HTML experience preferred)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.