Personnel Security Administration Specialist
The Security Operations department at the Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) is seeking a detail-oriented, customer service focused Personnel Security Administration Specialist to join our team. The Personnel Security Administration Specialist will provide administrative and technical support to all IDA personnel relating to the issuance, control and completion of security clearance investigations and periodic re-investigations in compliance with the National Industrial Security Operations Procedures Manual (NISPOM). This position will also process visit requests and help facilitate Security briefings to staff.
The ideal candidate must have a positive “can-do” attitude, able to work in a fast-paced environment, have strong attention to detail and organizational skills along with the three years of clerical experience. This position interacts with staff at all levels via e-mail, telephone and in-person, therefore, excellent communication skills are also critical to this role, Experience with the DoD clearance process and NISPOM knowledge is desired but not a requirement for consideration.
- Executes elements of IDA’s security administration program in support of the National Industrial Security Operations Procedures Manual (NISPOM) and Intelligence Community Directives (ICD)
- Enforces personnel security policies and procedures.
- Assists with personnel security education, training, and awareness programs.
ii.Annual Security Briefings
iii.Foreign Travel Briefings
- 4.Performs as a primary user of the DoD Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- High school diploma and three years of clerical experience.
- Knowledge of the DoD Regulation 5220.22-M, National Industrial Security Operating Manual and applicable Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) desired.
- Experience with DoD clearance process to include but not limited to JPAS, eQIP, DD254, eCPRL, SF86 and Foreign National Association desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of staff.
- Ability to display tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with all levels of IDA staff and the public.
- Proficiency in use of computers and Microsoft Office products.