Research Analyst - Land Warfare
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for an Analyst to support the Department of Defense's assessment of the operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and lethality of Land Warfare-related Major Defense Acquisition Programs. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military officials regarding the operational evaluation of Army or Marine combat weapons systems. The position involves analyzing the design, execution, and results of operational testing and associated modeling and simulation activity, and providing independent written assessments and recommendations to Department of Defense's Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of testing is required. Travel is required
- A PhD degree in Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Operations Research, National Security, or an interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus discipline coupled with military operational experience; OR
- A Master's degree in Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Operations Research, National Security, or an interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus discipline coupled with 8+ years' military operational experience
- Must have experience compiling and analyzing quantitative data.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.