Assistant, National Partnerships (TEMPORARY)
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION!
Position Starts: September 2017
Position End: April 2017
Assists with logistics for National Partnerships programs. Provides administrative, clerical and logistical support for program activities. Assists with communication to National Partnerships members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
80% Assists with logistics for National Partnerships projects, including the Partners in Education Annual Meeting and Institute, Any Given Child Exchange, Facilitators Day, Advisory Committee meetings, award programs, and other events. Assists with arranging travel, accommodations, and equipment for National Partnerships programs
10% Assists with communications to National Partnerships members, and assists with the preparation of program instructional and resource materials
10% Provides clerical and logistical support to National Partnerships staff
- An undergraduate degree and experience in general office work; a background in the performing arts or arts education preferred.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; must be flexible and possess good organizational skills in order to help facilitate the support needed for running programs
- Experience in basic graphic design a plus
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong writing and editing skills to compose public correspondence, as well as good communication skills in dealing directly by telephone or in person.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.