Contracts and Grants Officer
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with up to 6% matching.
We are seeking a Contracts and Grants Officer based in Washington DC. As the Grants officer, you will be responsible for contract management and compliance on AMIDEAST agreements with various donors/clients and US based sub awards and subcontracts. You will also visit our field offices to assess compliance and ensure correct systems and filing are present. The ideal person for this role will have worked in the areas of budget and bid preparation, compliance and budget monitoring, negotiation, contract/agreement, and have experience with contract management systems and Deltek Costpoint 7. This position may be of particular interest to individuals who have degrees in business administration, law, finance, or international development. Incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following,
- You will negotiate contracts, sub-contracts and notify management of the problems and risks, and take the lead in disputes concerning contractual issue
- Work with our accounting and finance team to ensure proper set up of project accounts, systems, and tools to monitor compliance with agreement terms and conditions
- Monitor progress on deliverables, contractual financial analyses, determining questions on allowable costs, and ensure cost-share strategy is in place
- Cooperate with country directors, program managers, and key HQ managers and VPs to support all aspects of the contracts & grants process and provides technical support
- Work with the business development team in preparing cost proposals, including budget cost notes, certifications, sub templates and negotiations, reviewing final solicitations and proposals for compliance
- Perform other tasks as may be required from time to time
- You have Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in contracts and grants management, preferably in a US government or NGO environment
- Experience with USAID and Department of State requirements, preferably in educational programs areas
- Great research skills, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Experience in developing and conducting staff trainings
- Ability to compose reports, presentations, memos or other written documents based on analysis of information.
- Competitive salary 40+ days of paid leave, retirement plan, tuition reimbursement. Please provide a cover letter and resume.
AMIDEAST is Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation