Virtualization Administration Engineer-SAN
As a systems engineer, performs design of server and application architectures. Performs the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and executes practices and procedures, monitors usage statistics and logs, monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings. Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline and performance evaluation of assigned employees. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Knowledge; Skills and Abilities
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II required
- Experience with Data Center infrastructure
- Experience with backup and restoration technologies and implementation methods
- Strong experience with server virtualization (VMWare VCP5 or Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Experience with management of Storage Area Networking environments
- Understanding of the Cisco UCS or Blade server systems
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities
- Excellent communication and briefing skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Solid worth ethic and the ability to work in a mission critical environment
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
- Understanding of Net Apps and Splunk
- Understanding of working in a CISCO UCS and Virtual environment
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Must have a current Security+ CE and a computer environment certification as follows:
8-10 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.