Senior Manager, Accounting – Finance
Financial accounting and reporting responsibilities for Evidera, Inc. in Bethesda, MD. Position reports to the Controller.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- General ledger: manage day-to-day accounting operations for multiple entities, including cash, general ledger maintenance and intercompany transactions. This includes month-end close entries and reconciliations.
- Reporting: fluctuation analyses, account analyses, asset roll-forward, bank reports, and ad hoc.
- Intercompany transactions: liaise with other entities to ensure consolidated intercompany accounts are accurate and in-balance, record intercompany transactions with parent company
- Audit and tax: preparation of client schedules for both audit and tax on a quarterly/annual basis
- Liaise with a wholly-owned subsidiary whose accounting is outsourced: provide payroll and related financial information on a monthly basis, ensure intercompany accounts balance, and manage cash payments between companies.
- Collaborate with business partners, customers, and vendors to support business needs and establish better relations
- Assist in acquisitions, integrations and system implementations as needed
- Assist in the development and implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley compliant internal controls
- Participate in other ad hoc global projects to support management reporting requirements and audit needs
Education, Professional Skills & Experience
- CPA; MBA a plus
- 4 years of practical experience
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP, including Revenue Recognition
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls design, documentation and testing experience
Computer Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Microsoft Dynamics AX or comparable ERP system
- Experience in working in a global, international and multi-currency environment
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture
- Can display strong process knowledge & process improvement experience
- High energy - can motivate, lead, and develop team
- Strong organizational, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our Bethesda office is conveniently located a few blocks from the Bethesda metro, local shops, and restaurants. This office also offers complimentary coffee & tea, breakfast on Fridays, frequent social events, and a spacious, quiet work environment. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance for all of our staff.
Evidera, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, gender preference, disability, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.