Service Desk Analyst III
Summary PenFed is looking to hire a Service Desk Analyst III in our Chantilly, VA location. The primary purpose of this job is to ensure that PenFed IT customers receive exceptional service and technical support. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing first level incident response and will follow escalation procedures to assign issues/requests to the appropriate IT teams. The Sr. Service Desk Analyst will also follow established procedures for performing system access administration functions to protect PenFed data in internal and external systems used by the credit union. Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as the primary point of contact for IT customers who are requesting service or reporting problems. Provide excellent customer service while fulfilling requests and providing support. Respond to the requests in a timely manner and facilitate first contact resolution utilizing technical expertise and knowledge base information. Escalate in a timely manner when first contact resolution is not possible.
- Comply with Incident Management, Severity 1 escalation procedures/ reporting practices and policies related to managing access ot PenFed systems and resources.
- Troubleshoot complex end user issues on various software applications, hardware systems, systems acess issues and provide basic desktop application support. Refer more complex problems to appropriate IT department
- Record all information associated with incidents, problems and/or requests in the Service Desk ticketing system in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with PenFed systems and services in order to accurately document incidents, provide support, and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Provide input regarding Service Desk team documentation, including access control activities
- Protects PenFed data by adhering to established procedures while administering security access for numerous PenFed systems utilizing access control software including:
- Supports internal and external personnel with security reviews
- Provide training and mentoring for Service Desk staff
- Continuous skills enhancement in a dynamic technical environment is required
- Support a culture of continuous improvement
- Associates Degree in IT or a related field is preferred
- 3 YRs IT customer service experience required
- Strong knowledge of Windows and iOS operating systems, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong knowledge of personal computer hardware, including laptops, desktops, monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, fax machines and iDevices
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Windows permissions
- Experience with RACF administration. Experience with mainframe tools such as TSO, ISPF text editor as required for executing and analyzing mainframe access administration processes.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP and Lan switches
- A combination of education and experience which meet the requisite skill level
This position will mentor other employees.
ITIL Foundations, V3, Comp TIA Fundamentals HDI CSR certifications are preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Limited travel to various worksites is required.