This job is in addition to a series of three involving registrations; admission, bed management, financial clearance and cash determination/collection/reconciliation of provided services. Responsible for obtaining and validating patient information from various sources and to ensure information entered into the HBOC (Clinstar) system is accurate. Performs the pre-registration/registration process for all inpatient and outpatients. Obtains required forms and signatures and completes all managed care notification requirements. May be required to enter laboratory orders when the Ambulatory Care Center is closed and to contact the physician's office when necessary. Other duties are as assigned.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable):
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; bilingual skills a plus.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft products and email.
- One-year experience of customer service experience. Familiarity with health insurance/payors and medical terminology preferred. Related college level courses may be considered in lieu of work experience.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to transport patients by wheelchair.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.