Assistant Director of Enrollment Management, English Language Center (ELC) Programs - School of Con
Assistant Director of Enrollment Management, English Language Center (ELC) Programs - School of Continuing Studies
The Assistant Director of Enrollment Management has direct impact on the admissions, continued enrollment, and potential transfer eligibility of international students in Georgetown's ELC programs, and is a key strategic partner in the development of Georgetown University's School of Continuing Studies' overall international recruitment strategy. Reporting to the Executive Director of Enrollment Management, the Assistant Director of Enrollment Management has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Directs and supervises the entire enrollment process, including inquiry, application, admissions, and Visa issuance and advising, for students apply and admitted to the English Language Center (ELC) programs at Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies.
- Analyzes and develops enrollment policies and procedures for incoming students to ensure they meet US Visa eligibility requirements and maintains a thorough knowledge of federal regulations and requirements related to international student admissions to US universities.
- Supervises all procedures related to ELC program applications and enrollment including document processing, data management, student counseling and liaison work with other campus departments and college and universities.
- Works closely with the Executive Director of Enrollment Management, as well as the ELC Director, to determine enrollment goals; and consults with embassies, student financial sponsors, and students to determine a student's eligibility to continue in an ELC program or other US educational institution.
- Serves as the Designated School Official (DSO), authorized by the Department of Homeland Security, to access SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) and process Visa documents for students admitted to the EFL program.
- Interprets federal policies and implements federal regulations to ensure that EFL applicants and admitted students are compliant with federal law, thus maintaining their F-1 student status.
- The ADEM consults with and advises other departmental colleagues, as well as other campus entities including, but not limited to, the Registrar's Office, Insurance Office, Financial Offices, Student Employment, and UIS; and with other campus DSO officials throughout the United States on matters of student transfer and admission
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 4 years of administrative experience related to student admissions and/or enrollment
- Thorough knowledge of federal regulations (SEVP - Student Exchange Visitor Program) and the ability to implement these regulations
- Thorough knowledge of Visa application procedures worldwide along with specific policies for specific countries
- Knowledge of SEVIS (Student Exchange Visa Information System) and experience working with Student Information Systems (Banner) and CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to interact effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Facility to work with multiple data entry systems, including complete facility with Windows and Microsoft Office package
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.