Employer Services Manager
Employer Services Manager
Office of Institutional Advancement
Regular, Exempt, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Employer Services Manager in the Office of Institutional Advancement. Reporting to the Director of Employer Services, the Employer Services Manager will oversee a portfolio of relationships with Tier One and Tier Two employer partners and drive the generation of job opportunities for UMUC students and alumni.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Manage portfolio of Tier One and Tier Two employer relationships in consultation
with Director of Employer Services. All communications, activities and
opportunities documented in university customer relationship management
· Recruit, cultivate, and maintain relationships with Tier One and Tier Two
employers to support Employer Services strategic objectives.
· Conduct outreach to potential and current Tier One and Tier Two employers in
person, via online meeting platforms, and over the phone to engage recruitment
of UMUC students and alumni for job opportunities.
· Generate an average of 25 new Tier One and Tier Two employer leads per week
through research; identify appropriate employers supporting diversity of
academic programs and identify points of contact for outreach.
· Identify and engage appropriate Tier One and Tier Two employers to participate
in recruiting events and direct all employers with job opportunities to post in
UMUC's career portal, CareerQuest.
· Provide customer service to a portfolio of Tier One and Tier Two employers which
have a relationship with UMUC through outreach by phone and email on a
quarterly basis to assess and reassess needs and successes.
· Direct any employers for whom recruitment events are not a fit to Employer
Services Specialist for customer service on how to utilize CareerQuest to meet
their hiring needs.
· Collaborate with Career Advising team on Tier One and Tier Two employer hiring
needs to prepare UMUC candidates for various employment opportunities.
· Perform concierge services for an average of 10 high value Tier One and Tier
Two employers annually, matching qualified candidates to specific roles for
· Follow up with portfolio of Tier One and Tier Two employers who received
concierge services to collect recruitment outcomes and feedback to be
incorporated into future preparation and concierge services.
· Follow up with candidates who were forwarded through concierge services to
employers to collect recruitment outcomes and feedback to be incorporated into
future preparation and concierge services.
· Develop and maintain current knowledge of UMUC's academic programs, student
and alumni demographics, and be able to articulate general elements to
· Perform other management duties as required.
· 10 - 15 evening recruiting events and attendance at Institutional
Advancement events annually expected.
· Up to 20% travel, reliable transportation and driver's license required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, or
· 5+ years of experience in Human Resources, recruiting, business development, or prior
higher education career center/services experience preferred.
· Experience with Salesforce or other CRM desirable.
· Demonstrated skills in the areas of: strategic thinking, customer service, creative
problem solving, cultural sensitivity, time management, oral and written communication,
and interpersonal skills; ability to take initiative and work independently and to handle
multiple tasks: the ability to use independent judgment and to make informed decisions
in a timely fashion; the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an
organization; to formulate assessments and propose recommendations in an articulate
fashion; support executive level execution of strategic priorities, and adapt to changes in
a dynamic work environment.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.