Art Ceramics Full-time Faculty
Art Ceramics Full-time Faculty
$58,844 - $81,821
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
Assignment begins January 2018. Online applications must be received by September 20, 2017
Montgomery College (Maryland), Rockville Campus, is seeking a full-time Art faculty
member to fill an Art Ceramics position beginning Spring 2018. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach 3 studio courses in Ceramics per semester, including Ceramics I; Ceramics II; Studio Practicum-Ceramics; Individualized Art Workshop-Ceramics.
- Coordinate and manage the Ceramics studio facility, oversee the supply and equipment budget, order and inventory supplies, and hire and oversee adjunct faculty in the Ceramics area. These responsibilities will include weekend hours during peak kiln firing schedules.
- Design, fabricate, install, maintain, and repair equipment for the Ceramics studio, including 3 kilns.
- Oversee and insure that required studio safety protocols are followed and maintain required records to comply with State and Federal safety guidelines
- Teach 30 semester hours per academic year of courses related to the discipline.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, or possibly be asked to teach on another campus if needed. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees, and take an active role in advising students and supporting Art department promotional initiatives.
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- A Master of Fine Arts (or equivalent degree) in Visual Art
- College-level teaching experience is required. (Graduate school teaching assistant experience is acceptable, but applicant must be the instructor of record.)
- Experience teaching Ceramics.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate computer/digital technology into course delivery.
In addition to the online application, applicant must “share” a folder containing the following 3 items to Dropbox.com account
The folder should be named
Please DO NOT send files to the email address, but only to Dropbox. This may require you to set up a free
dropbox account if you do not already have one. You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your pdfs.
Please submit 3 pdfs:
- One pdf containing, in this order: a cover letter, CV/Resume, artist statement, sample course description, and sample project description. (filename: Lastname_writtendocs)
- A second pdf containing:
- 20 images (including details) of personal professional work. Each image should be identified with title, media, dimensions, and year of completion. (filename: Lastname_images)
- A third pdf containing:
- Up to 20 image slides of student work in Ceramics, for which the applicant was instructor of record. Each image slide should be identified with course title, media, and a brief description (50 words or less) of the assignment objectives. Filename: Lastname_studentimages)
- Experience in teaching, or demonstrated ability to teach, Ceramics with both traditional and contemporary techniques.
- Experience in teaching, or demonstrated ability to teach, Ceramics from a global perspective.
- Experience managing a Ceramics studio.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience working with students of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Experience supporting underprepared students.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Online applications must be received by September 20, 2017.
To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
- Follow the instructions listed above for additional requirements
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
- Submission of three letters of professional reference
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
at least two weeks
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.