Automotive Technology - Part Time Faculty
The Montgomery College, Automotive Department, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Automotive Technology. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Managements sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
All Automotive courses are divided into a classroom lecture and a lab/shop experience. Instructors are expected to have strong communication skills and spend an adequate amount of time on classroom lecture and lab preparation. Classes meet once a week either daytime or evenings (depending on the course) for 15 weeks each fall and spring and twice a week for 8 weeks in summer session I. Instructors are responsible for attendance, grades and classroom and lab work assignments. Preparation and forethought is key prior to class as an instructor for Auto Technology - this time is spent outside the classroom and is a must for success.
Classes start on 8/28/2017
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
• Minimum of 5 yrs working as an Automobile Repair Technician within the last 8 yrs in the Automotive Industry
• Current ASE Certification in 1 or more areas (Passenger Car/Lt Duty Truck)
• Previous teaching experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to integrate presentation/communication technology into course delivery
• Ability to teach in a multi-cultural setting
• Please visit www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment to apply online.
• The application process includes 10 steps.
• Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
• Include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
• Complete a set of pre-screening questions.
• E-sign your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
• Completion of a background check.
• Submission of an official transcript of relevant degree
• Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.