Content Editor B2C
The Washington Post's in-house creative agency is looking for an experienced content editor/writer to assign, oversee and execute editorial branded content work for clients, primarily in B2C and B2I. We are a fast-growing team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, developers, producers, and program managers with a focus on creating the most innovative, award-winning multi-media programs for Washington Post advertisers.
Reporting to the head of WP BrandStudio, our ideal candidate is much more than a traditional editor. She/he is a digital, cross-media storyteller extraordinaire, with extensive experience recognizing when and where to include digital story-telling tools (data visualizations, video, photography, interactives, etc.) to enhance the narrative. Also essential is the ability to adopt different styles and tones and to write/edit conversationally, taking a strong POV while subtly integrating clients' messaging and driving their goals. A blend of journalism and content marketing/advertising background is ideal for this role. A passion for the bourgeoning native advertising/custom content space is absolutely essential.
This is a full-time position based in The Washington Post's NYC office in the Flatiron District. Candidates must submit work samples/portfolios to be considered.
Come help us craft compelling, multi-media stories at the intersection of our clients' goals and the interests of The Washington Post audience.
Note: Please submit a cover letter and relevant writing samples to be considered
- Flesh out a concept into a detailed multi-media program and execution description, based on nuanced understanding of a brand's goals and Washington Post audience including proposing and recommending content tone/style, execution, and form.
- Source, assign and oversee freelance editors, researchers, and writers
- Write and edit articles, infographics, video treatments, interactive experiences, photo essays, etc.
- Source subjects and sources; conduct interviews and oversee freelance interviews as needed
- Collaborate with designers, program managers, developers, creative and social media strategists, and other writers/editors to ensure overall content narrative, design elements, and developed experience all reflect the editorial intention of the project
- Create and keep editorial calendar
- Present editorial direction to clients
- Incorporate client feedback while maintaining editorial vision and BrandStudio best practices
- Draft socially optimized headlines, subheaders, captions and blurbs
- Be up-to-speed about native advertising/custom content trends and competitor's programs
- Stay abreast of the latest sophisticated culture/lifestyle trends and topics
Job requirements include:
- Ability to think, write and edit conceptually, visually and digitally
- 5+ years writing and editing on in specific verticals and industries
- Experience writing and editing articles, narratives, infographics, doc video concepts, captions, blurbs, headlines
- Branded content/content marketing writing/editing experience
- Robust network of freelance editors and writers
- Experience sourcing and overseeing writers, drafting and keeping an editorial calendar
- Deep knowledge of emerging technology trends and topics
- Experience leading and managing an editorial team
- Ability to flexibly write/edit in many different styles, tones, POVs and audiences
- Ability to write and edit quickly and turn on a dime
- Intense attention to detail
- Passion for native advertising/custom content space
- Experience writing/editing branded content for these business to consumer or lifestyle markets
- Copywriting experience