Job Satisfaction, Professional Growth, Excellent Salary, Bonuses, and all around Cool Job!
This ARMA Systems Administrator position is a full time opportunity for candidates who are looking for a Challenge in a fast paced energetic environment. This opportunity is perfect for Administrators that wants to work in a unique enviornment as part of a team that truly makes a difference supporting a special customer set. Go home at the end of every day knowing your job really matters. Be a part of the most Dynamic Global Network on the Planet!
Typical responsibilities for this position include providing support and configuration of SCCM, Servers, and Storage Devices, along with Active Directy OU structures and Exchange 2016 enviornments.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of SCCM/WDS, server management, backup software, NetApp (Storage Devices), Active Directory OU structure and permissions, Exchange 2010/2016 Mailbox and Distro lists.
- Responsible for providing second and third level telephone support to end-user community on hardware, software and network related problems, questions and/or issues.
- Troubleshoots and determines problems for operating systems, applications and remote access, account and permissions issues.
- Responsible for network and email account provisioning and management, as well as, distribution lists and permission groups.
- Defines and classifies level, priority and nature of problem, request and/or issue.
- If unable to diagnose problem and/or problem requires physical interaction with end user the technician will provide desk side support to customer.
- Must possess an advanced technical skill and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems in use at customer sites; requires experience and knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of computers.
- Must have basic knowledge of help desk call tracking management systems; requires strong communication and excellent customer service skills and able to effectively interface with high ranking and senior official
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- DoDI 8570.01m Certification required (Security +)
- Intermediate Networking troubleshooting techniques, knowledgeable with TCP/IP, OSI Layers
- Advanced Active Directory knowledge, troubleshooting, advanced experience with Permission Groups, and OU's
- Experience with IBM-compatible personal computers, terminal, peripheral equipment and associated software repair, installation, configuration and system operation
- Experience with Microsoft Ticketing System/Remedy or equivalent ticketing processing software
- Experience with Dameware, or equivalent remote access software
- Advanced experience with MS Windows 7/10 Operating System
- Intermediate knowledge/experience with Microsoft Server 2012 R2 (Maintaining, Configuring, Installing)
- Strong Microsoft Office / Outlook experience
- Experience with conducting PxE imaging/Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Familiarity with CAT5 and CAT6 cabling
- Provide support from Tier I through Tier III
- Interpersonal skills, able to network and work with higher Tier administrators
- Microsoft MCP/MCSA/MCITP IT Certification preferred
- Network+/A+ Certification a plus
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification preferred
- Blackberry/iPhone/Android experience helpful but not required
- Experienced with USG DRMO
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.