GENERAL BUSINESS AND INDUSTRIAL SPECIALIST
The positions are located in NAVAIRs Rapid Capability Engineering and Integration Department which is responsible for providing the personnel, facilities, and processes required to design, develop, integrate, install, and modernize shipboard, airborne, and short-based platforms for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, Radar, Command/Operations Centers, Intelligence and Identification Systems for Navy, Department of Defense, and other government agencies. The primary purpose of the position is to support top management officials, Acquisition Team, Division leadership, and acquisition staff in the mid-level phases of the acquisition program planning, review, and execution, and contract management functions including program review, administration, and acquisition planning and reporting.
This public notice announcement is for anticipated vacancies to be filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for acquisition positions located at Department of Navy installations identified in this public notice. Positions may be filled as permanent with a full-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this register.
Notices of Results (NORs) may or may not be sent to applicants who apply to this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and avilability of funding.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
Must be able to obtain an interim and/or final (e.g., confidential/secret/top secret, etc.) security clearance prior to entrance on duty AND must be able to maintain the required level of clearance while employed in the subject position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
This position has promotion potential to the GS-12 or GS-13 grade. If selected below the full performance level, incumbent may be noncompetitively promoted to the next higher grade level after meeting all regulatory requirements, and upon the recommendation of management. Promotion is neither implied nor guaranteed.
Vacancies filled from this announcement may be filled at any grade level listed.
Selectee will be required to complete and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, prior to entering the position and annually thereafter.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
To quality at the GS-9 level, your resume must reflect you satisfy one of the following:
- You have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience in or related to the work of this position at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the GS-07 grade level or equivalent experience in the public or private sector that equipped you with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to successfully perform the GS-09 work. To qualify, your resume must reflect experience independently carrying out basic recurring administrative acquisition assignments that involved gathering, fact-finding, investigating, identifying, and analyzing acquisition data to complete assignments and/or resolve acquisition issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature. OR
- You completed two (2) years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree, LL.B., J.D., or an equivalent graduate degree in a related field that has provided you with the knowledge, skills, and ability to successfully perform the duties of the position. If you are using education to qualify, you must submit your transcripts. (NOTE: One year of full-time graduate education or a master's degree is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a 1 year of full-time study at the school attended.) OR
- You have a combination of specialized experience and graduate education described above.
To qualify at the GS-11 level, your resume must reflect you satisfy one of the following:
- You have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience in or related to the work of this position at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the GS-09 grade level or equivalent experience in the public or private sector that equipped you with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to successfully perform the GS-11 work. To qualify, your experience must reflect characteristics comparable to the following: a) assist internal staff prepare acquisition plans or program management briefs; b) assist internal staff with planning and scheduling for acquisition or technical programs; c) managing the appropriate use of funds and services supporting rapid acquisition; and/or d) applying acquisition program, planning, and management policies and processes in order to support internal staff accomplish their acquisition work. OR
- You completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; OR an LL.M. if related to the position.OR
- You have a combination of experience and education as described above.
To qualify at the GS-12 level, your resume must reflect you have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience in or related to the work of this position at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the GS-11 grade level or equivalent experience in the public or private sector that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to successfully perform the GS-12 work. To qualify, your experience must reflect characteristics comparable to the following: a) preparing acquisition plans or program management briefs; b) planning and scheduling for acquisition and technical programs; and/or c) applying pertinent acquisition law, regulations, policies, and precedents, and management policies and processes to assist senior staff develop rapid acquisition strategies and plans and program management recommendations.
To qualify at the GS-13 level, your resume must reflect you have at least one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience in or related to the work of this position at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the GS-12 grade level or equivalent experience in the public or private sector that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies to successfully perform the GS-13 work. To qualify, your experience must reflect characteristics comparable to the following: a) experience applying a wide range of Federal acquisition law, regulations, policies [e.g., various Federal Public Laws, Titles 10 and 15 USC, OMB, DOD, DON, FAR and DFAR, and the Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution (PPBE)] in order to independently formulate and review acquisition strategies and plans supporting and sustaining the rapid or accelerated acquisition of highly integrated and complex service, hardware, software, and/or hybrid products and contracts; b) using contracts, cost, and schedule estimating methods; c) responding to acquisition and organizational challenges, extract maximum value from limited resources, and identify opportunities for greater efficiencies; and/or d) use earned value management technique to measure, evaluate, identify, and/or resolve problems involving program, project, and/or contractor performance and progress.
DAWIA: This position is covered by the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and requires additional education, training, and experience. This position has been identified as a Business-Financial Management or Program Management Career Field at Level I or II. If you possess DAWIA Certification, please indicate your Career Field and Level information in your resume. Applicants not certified may still apply and be selected, but must achieve certification within 24 months of appointment. Certification requirements may be viewed at
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an Occupational Questionnaire. To preview this Questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the required skills for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and/or appointment eligibility.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts. See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=General-Policies.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if you provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. For further information, visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
- Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
- A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
- The Department of the Navy uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- Federal Annuitant Information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf.
- ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating of 85 or higher. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/ICTAP_Statement.pdf.
- Veteran's Preference Information
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP)
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. Your application will be evaluated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competency:
1. Technical Competency
Your application will be evaluated and rated using Expedited Hiring Authority selection procedures. Additional points are not added for veteran preference; however, preference is still applied. Candidates eligible for veteran preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.Read more Security clearance Secret