SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an experienced Certification Specialist to join the Education & Learning Services (ELS) team in either Washington D.C. or Chicago. The ELS unit plays a critical role in client growth by developing education programs in collaboration with volunteer subject matter experts. Client association members, now more than ever, expect a return on their investment in professional associations - this return is directly linked to providing the type and quality of educational programs and learning delivery options that meet their needs.
What You Will Do
- Assist with the development and execution of certification strategy and plans
- Work with volunteer subject matter experts with strategy, content and exam development and delivery methodology
- Manage various certification delivery platforms, to include eLearning, blended learning approaches, podcasts, instructional design, learning management systems, certification tracking tools, etc.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and management
- Assist with oversight and execution of test development activities
- Serve as staff liaison to education and certification oversight committees
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of education and certification program administration
- Develop financials (monitoring revenue/expense performance and staff time and fees)
- Contribute effective and creative ideas to client planning and analysis processes
- Coordinate the activities of assistants and other staff, as required
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a passion for continuing education and professional development
- You have outstanding project management skills and are motivated by a fast-paced, multi-client environment
- You are flexible and adaptable, and enjoy diversity in your work
- You want to work alongside driven, supportive and caring colleagues
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are detail-oriented with a strong proficiency in time management and organizational skills in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- You have the ability to travel 20% to attend educational events and client meetings
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience, to include experience in education and certification program/project coordination
- Experience in the association space is highly preferred
- Familiarity with/knowledge of industry trends and delivery methods; (i.e., eLearning, blended learning approaches, podcasts, instructional design, processes, learning management systems, certification tracking tools, etc.)
- Knowledge of certification/testing industry standards, testing vendor community
- Knowledge of and ability to recommend certification and testing policies, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of and experience with various certification management systems
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.