Graduate Assistant with Library and Learning Services
The 3/3 GA works 300 hours each semester of the assistantship (which averages 20 hours a week in a typical 15-week semester); and receives a waiver of credits of graduate tuition each semester of the assistantship.
The 3/3 GA provides research assistance and support to the Library and Learning Services. Graduate students must be enrolled full time (9-12 credits) and be in good academic standing. This position is renewable each semester during the academic year (fall and spring semesters) and is subject to all the policies and procedures governing Marymount University graduate assistantships.
- Must be accepted into Marymount as a graduate student
- Must be registered for at least 9 graduate credits during summer
- For current students, graduate GPA must be at least 3.0. For entering graduate students, undergraduate GPA must be at least 3.0.
- Attention to detail. Must be able to work carefully and accurately.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent researching skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Preference is given to candidates working towards a Master of Business Administration Degree with a Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Communication, Graphic Design, or Marketing, or related field.
- Experience conducting research on a broad range of topics
- Experience with marketing/promotions
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with Graphic Design
- Experience with photography
Special Notes to Applicants
This GA Assistantship is for Academic Year 2017-2018.
Application materials must be received by
Open Until Filled Yes
Marymount is a comprehensive Catholic university that emphasizes the liberal arts, career preparation, and personal and professional development. A diverse and welcoming learning community, Marymount serves nearly 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students. The universityâ€™s location in suburban Arlington, Virginia, offers easy access to the rich resources of the nationâ€™s capital. Marymount University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.