Sr. Linux Administrator - Active TS/SCI required
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more Linux / Solaris operating systems.
- System Administration is done primarily from the CLI; Command Line Interface *Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- May program or script in an various shell language(s).
- Test and evaluate system functions and capabilities.
- Provides advice and training to end-users and tier 1 team members.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Work independently without assistance and supervision *Perform the necessary research to resolve issues to conclusion *Communicate effectively both verbally and in written form to document actions *Majority of the work is M-F 8X5. Exact hours are flexible.
- Be available for afterhours work; put in effort necessary to see things through.
- Be a member of an on-call rotation
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- UNIX/LINUX System Administration Required
- System Administration is done primarily from the CLI; Command Line Interface
Unix shell command competency - beyond basic user level; should be able to:
- Interpret scripts as to their function
- Manipulate and edit files using copy, scp, diff and vi.
- Control and determine the state of services and daemons
- Manage process control
- Perform filesystem management (mount, unmount, fsck, swap, and mkfs, etc)
- Ethernet networking and TCP/IP
Must possess appropriate, current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.