Facilities Management Associate
Chemonics International, a leading international development company, seeks two facilities management associates to support the Office Services Department in our Washington, DC and Crystal City, VA offices. The associates will provide administrative support to internal clients for facilities management and office service needs, and support the facilities managers and director in department-wide initiatives responding to corporate facility needs. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of others around the world.
- Monitor tickets assigned in facilities management electronic system; document all actions and meet the requirements of the established service level agreement; report building issues with building management using each landlord’s ticketing system.
- Conduct twice-daily floor walks on assigned floors (more often as needed) to ensure furniture and appliances are in good repair and working order and all office needs are met
- Maintain up-to-date floor plans on a daily basis.
- Escalate staff requests/concerns to manager/director as appropriate
- Coordinate all work done on assigned floors with oversight of manager/director
- Collaborate with on-site, third-party office/reproduction services vendors for events and meetings held in meeting rooms on assigned floors
- Submit catering orders to vendors per customer requests; follow up through delivery; document orders and file receipts and catering requests.
- Ensure desks are set up with standard furniture and cleaned for new and moving employees; create accounts for new staff with relevant vendors.
- Submit requests on an ongoing basis to facilities manager for work to be done by movers
- Assist with department initiatives as requested by facilities manager or director
- Process security badges and photos and contribute to maintaining up-to-date database of security badges
- Serve as backup for manager in assigning facility management tickets as needed
- Follow all standard operating procedures for onboarding/offboarding employees
- Prepare monthly credit card statement and corresponding spreadsheet (catering, delivery, office supplies)
- Serve as backup for Office Services Department (OSD) team members as needed
- Assist director with reporting and information monitoring as needed
- Contribute to ongoing process review and improvement
- Communicate roles and responsibilities of the department to internal and external audiences
- Available some nights/weekends to monitor work being done by vendors
- Perform other duties as required
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum one year of relevant facilities management work experience required
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service; strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Experience with Microsoft Visio strongly preferred
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1 by August 3, 2017. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.