Computer Network Defense - Incident Response
Mission Statement: Responds to crisis or urgent situations within the pertinent domain to mitigate immediate and potential threats. Uses mitigation, preparedness, and response and recovery approaches, as needed, to maximize survival of life, preservation or property, and information security. Investigates and analyzes all relevant response activities.
- Develop the standing up of the incident response division
- Assist Detection team with Incident Detection
- Triage and take over Incidents from Detect team and complete all actions.
- Work with Program Office Divisions (And other units as needed), to remediate incidents, acquire the 5w's and ensure the incident has been rectified and documented appropriately.
- Work with the Information Assurance Team, Security manager and GOVT ISSM to ensure any - Data Spills are handled appropriately. Manage the data Spill Process, working with external agencies as required to ensure cleanup and mitigation is accomplished within required times as set out by government.
- Produce Daily Status updates on all Open Incidents.
- Produce AAR for all closed Incidents.
Remotely access machines to remove unauthorized software, malware eradication…
1. Coordinate with and provide expert technical support to enterprise-wide computer network defense (CND) technicians to resolve CND incidents
2. Correlate incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
3. Monitor external data sources (e.g., computer network defense [CND] vendor sites, Computer Emergency Response Teams, SANS, Security Focus) to maintain currency of CND threat condition and determine which security issues may have an impact on the enterprise
4. Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and Intrusion Detection System [IDS] logs) to identify possible threats to network security
5. Perform command and control functions in response to incidents
6. Perform computer network defense (CND) incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identifying the specific vulnerability; and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
7. Perform initial, forensically sound collection of images and inspect to discern possible mitigation/remediation on enterprise systems
8. Perform real-time computer network defense (CND) incident handling (e.g., forensic collections, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) tasks to support deployable Incident Response Teams (IRTs)
9. Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts
10. Track and document computer network defense (CND) incidents from initial detection through final resolution
11. Write and publish computer network defense (CND) guidance and reports on incident findings to appropriate constituencies
12. Employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in-multiple places, layered defenses, security robustness)
13. Collect intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise
14. Serve as technical expert and liaison to law enforcement personnel and explain incident details as required
Must be DOD 8570 CND-IS with in 90 days of hire
Must possess and maintain a US TS/SCI Security Clearance
Serves as a top level technical or functional expert, often working on multiple projects and programs.
1. Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
2. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
3. Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
4. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
5. May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
6. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
7. May serve as a technical task or project leader.
8. May have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 Years of Experience in Area of Expertise
* Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a Top Secret/SCI (or applicable clearance level) Security Clearance. * Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire. * Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment. * The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. * This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to worldwide locations (or specific AOR). * The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. * Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.