Do you write SQL like your second language and enjoy the power of data? Are you interested in learning how a world class performing arts center operates? Do you enjoy the beauty and importance of performing arts and want to take an active role in promoting them? Do you want to be part of the exciting initiatives that are happening in The Kennedy Center as we commit to utilize technology and data to provide cutting edge customer experience?
The CRM System Administrator works closely with a wide range of user groups (ticketing, memberships, fundraising, marketing, and sales) and configures, supports, and maintains the CRM system (Tessitura) and other systems – including configuring new functionalities within the system, performing upgrades and patches, regular system and data maintenance, troubleshooting and monitoring.
S/he also collaborates with and reports to the Director of CRM and Business Systems to identify business needs and actively participates in setting long-term strategy for system design, process automation, and data governance protocol.
Duties and Responsibilities:
25% User Support
- Serve as the resident CRM system (Tessitura) expert and primary gatekeeper of its ecosystem, including systems for email marketing, online and in-person ticket sales, fundraising, surveys, and customer service. Support users with access rights control, system tables setup, stored procedures, and global updates.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, correct, and prevents recurrence of issues related to event setup, ticket pricing, orders, and account information.
- Liaison with software providers and keep up-to-date knowledge of best usage of current systems. Assess needs and conduct regular training sessions with internal super users.
- Hold regular meetings with super users to understand challenges, identifies improvement opportunities, and maintains clear progress report with super users.
25% System Maintenance
- Maintain and support development, test, and staging environments for CRM systems and databases as needed
- Monitor and optimize performance of the system, including responsiveness and accuracy
- Perform/manage CRM software upgrades and patches, including analysis, configuration, testing, and project management.
- Provide backup support for other applications, such as Finance and HR systems, as required.
25% Data Governance
- Work closely with CRM Director to establish business rules with user groups with the continuous goal of improving data integrity
- Document shared business processes amongst user groups. Guide each user group to maintain function-specific documentation, and identifies opportunities to improve operations efficiency and data integrity.
- Serve as the data steward of the CRM system. Approve data storage. Collaborate with CRM Director and execute routine data cleansing and quality control protocols.
- Back up Business Intelligence team with data extraction and import tasks.
25% Improvement Projects
- Participate in project brainstorm and requirement gathering sessions. Contributes to strategy and roadmap setting.
- Configure, test, and deploys features within system to implement Center business rules and processes.
- Coordinate testing effort amongst user groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- A minimum of 3 years of familiarity with CRM or database systems, preferably systems supporting ticketing and/or fundraising
- A minimum of 1 year as a systems administrator with responsibility for system troubleshooting, testing, configuration and maintenance
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience writing SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, as well as familiarity with database design standards
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to work within a technical team
- Strategic thinking, an ability to play out alternative scenarios in the future
- Participate in after-hours on-call coverage
- Occasionally available nights and weekends to perform upgrades and other work
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.