The American Physiological Society (APS), a non-profit scientific association, is seeking a Marketing Assistant to provide overall marketing support to the Marketing and Communications Department in the development and implementation of the marketing and promotional strategy for various APS programs, products, and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the design and/or production of various APS departments’ promotional projects across platforms (email, online, print, etc.), and help monitor, track, and report on related initiatives.
- Support the preparation of the APS exhibits program for approximately 10-15 meetings annually.
- Handle the operations of the APS Store using Personify.
- Monitor and update the Google Grant program and ads.
- Coordinate paid and filler advertising for all APS publications and platforms.
- Execute the sale of the APS membership mailing list.
- Provide support which includes significant graphic design and guidance for the APS Marketing and Communications Department, and other APS Departments as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field, and 2-3 years of related experience.
- Must have excellent graphic skills and a strong knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Suite, including InDesign and Photoshop.
- Must have the ability to multitask and adapt to situations as needed.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and HTML design.
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
The position is located at APS’ offices in Bethesda, Maryland, close to Routes 270 and 495. APS offers competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient location to major thoroughfares, free parking and the opportunity to work with a motivated and enthusiastic staff in supporting the scientific community and researchers from around the world.
For more information on APS, please visit: www.the-aps.org