Senior Cyber Solutions Architect
The Senior Cyber Solutions Architect is responsible for leading initiatives to improve critical cyber defenses protecting company sensitive information. Responsible for the evolution, growth, capability, and project engagement of cyber defense operations including network threat detection, incident response support, threat information sharing, malware analysis and forensics, and reporting. Works with the cyber defense team on the design, deployment, operations, modernization, and optimization of an enterprise-wide threat detection infrastructure including proactive defense, sensor capabilities, analytics infrastructure, and security event and intelligence correlation. Augments cyber security incident response capabilities, external coordination, and internal and external reporting and communications regarding all cyber security activities. Serves as Cyber Defense subject matter expert to the CIO and CISO.
Requires B.S Degree; M.S. Degree strongly desired
CISSP, CISM strongly preferred
Program Management certification or direct experience required.
- 10-12 years of related experience with supervisory experience preferred
- 8-10 years of direct experience in cyber security engineering and/or cyber defense operations services required
- 5 years cumulative experience in Security Operations Center / Computer Incident Response Team / Security Engineering / Secure Solution Design
- 3 years of direct experience managing, responding to, and resolving crisis situations caused by cyber security events in a federal agency, DOD, or intelligence community environment
- 3 years of direct experience in project management for evaluating, implementing, optimizing cyber tools and capabilities
- Direct experience in a personnel management role for a minimum of 10 employees with responsibility for managing job performance, technical skills development, and career management preferred
- Direct experience in consulting or service management strongly preferred.
- Requires the capability to proactively deliver innovative and effective cyber capabilities and evaluations in a distributed network defense environment
- Requires mature capabilities in managing security engineering and operations activities involving numerous security product categories including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, anti-virus infrastructures, security incident/event management systems, threat intelligence platforms, and common operations tools such as ticketing systems.
- Requires the ability to effectively engage the business on cyber topics, to define cyber project requirements and engage effectively with broad IT transformational teams
- Must be able to lead highly technical professionals through regular transformations of services delivered to address dynamic threat environments
- Must demonstrate extremely strong business management and personal leadership skills with complementary cyber security technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with executive leadership on a regular basis using written and oral communications
- Must possess aggressive business growth capabilities and desire to grow business.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.