Lead Financial Services Communications
This position is part of the Financial Operation team and is responsible for all Financial Services communications, including website maintenance and development, publication of the bi-weekly newsletter and email distribution of targeted communications. This position also provides support to customer service, participates in occasional weekend processing and supports other department initiatives, like application testing and training when required.
Specific Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop and revise end user/customer communications materials, including emails, website documents and the bi-weekly newsletter.
- Create and execute communications plans for Financial Services and Oracle Projects Center projects
- Work with Financial Services and IT management to understand address communication needs
- Work with internal communications contacts at GDIT, GDMS and GDMS-Canada to coordinate Financial Services broadcast communications.
- Maintain Financial Services website and ensure all content is accurate and up-to-date; work with technical and other resources to modify site, when needed.
- Provide support to the business units serviced by Financial Services by responding to user inquires
- Provide support on Help Desk issues and work with IT and/or the requestor to resolve any outstanding issues
- Support weekend processing as the Financial Services POC 4-5 weekends per year.
- Participate in Financial Operations team initiatives, including application testing, training and support team meetings.
- Excellent written communications skills
Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
- 2-5 years of communications and/or website maintenance experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Ability to proactively address communication needs across large organization.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.