Systems Administrator - TS/SCI Req'd
6 days left
- Full Time
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Experience providing technical support for both hardware and software issuesMonitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns Experience managing virtual and physical servers with Windows Server 2003 – 2012 R2Manage Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and server and workstation patching with SCCMHave familiarity with MS SQL server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policyDevelop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practicesAnticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.Experience performing software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.Develop required reports in response to business user and management needs.Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.Build and deploy new servers on the network as needed.Ability to work independently and with a team when needed