General Dynamics Health Solutions (GD Health Solutions), part of General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking an Operations Manager to support a dynamic and fast-paced call center. Candidate must have prior experience in a customer service or call center environment, preferably on a health services or public health program. Experience working with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health, or a similar organization is highly preferable. The ideal candidate will have ample experience to prove:
- Ability to manage staffHighly effective oral and written communication skills with a variety of audiences;Ability to develop long-term, positive working relationships with clients and stakeholders; Excellent time management and organizational skills;Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment;Ability to work independently and to interact successfully with project staff.
- Manage knowledge content elements (e.g., training curriculum, business processes, knowledge base articles, new product information) within given area of expertise from development to end-user assessment utilizing a variety of media (e.g., written, screen capture, video, etc)Interface with appropriate individuals (e.g., external consultants, CDC, GDIT staff) to obtain knowledge content that support production goals and objectivesFormulate appropriate design strategies for the delivery of the content Conduct ongoing analysis of the use of the Knowledge Management system and highly referenced articles; make recommendations on system development priorities or training opportunities based on resultsManage training and QA activities for the program, ensuring that everything is approved by the client and follows standard policies and proceduresManage the reporting activities for the program, ensuring that appropriate data is made available to the client in a timely manner and that all reporting deliverables are completed on time.Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.Manage a team of between 1 and 5 staff members, most of whom will be remote.Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate supervisors, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.Other duties as assigned by management.Travel may be required on occasion.
- Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
- 8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in a customer service or call center environment, with at least 5 of those years working in a Training, Quality Assurance, Reporting, or Content Management role.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and certification preferred.