- Provides installation and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications cabling systems in US Government environs.
- Evaluates,documents, installs, implements, tests, and performs problem isolation and resolution of cabling systems.
- Plans, coordinates and executes information technology cabling systems initiatives.
- Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, LAN management software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems and gauges performance.
- Executes contingency plans for cabling systems failures including isolated and major outages. Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients.
- Assists in internal training programs.
- Meets regularly with other network team members to plan and coordinate efforts.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Must obtain and maintain BICSI II copper or fiber certification
- Specialized training in EIA/TIA 568 and 569 cable standards required
- Multi-vendor equipment experience is strongly preferred
- Working with or having served in a US military environment is preferred
Active TS/SCI Clearance required1-3 years of directly related experience supporting cabling systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency of structured cabling systems installation to include termination, labeling, and testing of coax, fiber-optic and twisted pair cabling
- Installation of equipment used in LAN/CAN/WAN networks, including devices used for voice, video, and data telecommunications such as but not limited to network switches and terminal servers
- Experience with or basic understanding of test equipment
- Ability to work under pressure within specified deadlines
- Comfortable working with customers, peers and other trades
- Comprehensive administrative knowledge with strong communication skills (written & oral)
- Applicant must be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Able to operate on ladders 15FT and beyond for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (up to 40lbs)
- Must be able to work within varied working conditions some of which may be small and confined (to include but not limited to attics, raised flooring and drop ceilings)
- This position may require shift work and weekend work
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. #dpost#cjpost