Electronic Health Records Trainer-FT
The Physician Coach provides clinical systems training and support to physicians and other credentialed members of the HCH Medical Staff. The Coach will work closely with the Clinical Informatics training coordinator, Director of Clinical Informatics, CMIO, and Manager of Physician Informatics to provide initial and ongoing training to credentialed Medical Staff, Resident physicians and Medical and PA students. The Coach will provide scheduled training sessions and “at the elbow” support for new users, refresher sessions, “just in time” training for point-of-care physician needs. The Coach will participate development of learning tools (job aids) eLearnings, contribute to the MD web site, PowerChart newsletters, “How to's” for clinical systems physician end-user tasks. Assists in disseminating information via various modalities. Participates in development training curriculums for new application deployments. The Coach develops educational materials and provides classes to support Quality Initiatives.
The Coach is expected to be self-directed and flexible regarding scheduling training time availability and arranging coaching sessions with the physicians, and is expected to learn and utilize change management techniques to perform their job effectively.
Demonstrate excellent communication skills in dealing with Medical Staff and HCH departments.
Works with Medical Education and Medical Staff Office to ensure appropriate access for new medical staff, students and residents.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 6 months of training experience with electronic clinical information systems required. Cerner preferred.
- Minimum 6 months of experience working with physicians.
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Suite required
- Demonstrates Windows proficiency, interest in, and knowledge of computer operations.
- Knowledgeable about computers and how computer information resources need to function to support physician practice.
- Capable of learning computer applications including software simulation tools.
- Good problem solving skills including critical thinking skills
- Manages time and workload to support coaching opportunities
- Functions independently
- Ability, aptitude, and desire to be part of service oriented team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with physicians, other credentialed medical staff and HCH leadership.
- Basic understanding of the unique security and privacy needs and requirements of healthcare clinical information and business environments.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared workspace environment.
- Demonstrates competency in oral communication and abilities to focus and redirect persons for active educational purposes.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.