Interprets and evaluates physician orders, in order to prepare and dispense appropriate medications to patients at Holy Cross Health. Manages drug therapy of patients. Reviews, accesses and maintains patient medication records and profiles for allergies, drug interactions and therapeutic duplication, to provide consistent quality of patient care and appropriate drug therapy. Provides information to physicians, nurses and patients. May assist in developing competencies for department. Assists in supervision of pharmacy technicians in distributive functions and departmental operations under direction of Pharmacy Operations Manager and Pharmacy Director. Performance demonstrates efforts to improve patient satisfaction, lower costs and improve quality. Supports Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.Job Description Details:
Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Current license from Maryland Board of Pharmacy.
2. BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS Provider certification from American Heart Association.
3. PALS Certification preferred
4. PDMP (CRISP) Access
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy, or Doctor of Pharmacy, from accredited college of pharmacy. Pharmacy Residency Certification preferred
2. Able to communicate effectively; speaks, reads, writes, and comprehends English.
3. Able to work cooperatively with hospital and pharmacy staff, in order to meet departmental objectives.
4. Must be able to handle frequent interruptions, and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule.
5. Knowledge of software (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) preferred.
6. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited residency, and membership in ASHP, and Washington Metropolitan Society of Health-System Pharmacists (WMSHP), preferred.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.