IT Specialist (INFOSEC), ZP-2210-4 (Direct Hire)
IMPORTANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: The first referral of candidates from this announcement will be made from applications received by 11:59 PM EST, August, 07, 2017. Subsequent cut off dates may be established as requested by management.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice. Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) with two vacancies in Silver Spring, Maryland and one vacancy in Fairmont, WV.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14.
Salary ranges will vary based on the location. Please visit: http://hr.commerce.gov/Practitioners/CompensationAndLeave/DEV01_006348 for specific salary information related to a specific location.
Category Rating, Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this Public Notice.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
* This position is not in the bargaining unit.
*This position is Drug Testing designated.
* This vacancy may be used to fill other IT Specialist (INFOSEC), ZP-2210-4 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% of domestic travel required
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
To qualify at the ZP-4 (GS-13) level:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to meeting the IT Competencies above, applicants must also possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZP-3 (GS-12) in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to an organization’s Cyber Security compliance and operations projects;
- Developing policy, procedures, and directives for IT security risk management to ensure compliance;
- Providing technical monitoring for projects that develop and deploy enterprise cyber security tools;
- Developing improved Cyber Security methods for the protection of IT systems, including the development, application, analysis, and testing of security methods and systems which prevent or limit the loss of IT resources due to unauthorized access, destruction, disclosure, tampering, or alteration;
- Developing written and oral presentations on IT security issues and matters; and
- Administering large and complex IT contracts.
Condition of Employment: All applicants must be able to obtain and maintain certification and accreditation of Federal Information Systems FAC-PPM Level 1 and FAC-COR Level 1 certification within 12 months of assignment.
Applicants must meet ALL application requirements, to include a complete online resume, by 11:59 p.m. EASTERN TIME (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
As an IT Specialist (INFOSEC), you will perform the following duties:
- Serve as an IT System and Network security project manager responsible for planning, directing, and managing the enterprise security processes for a large organization.
- Develop security standards and instruct others on the proper application of IT security techniques.
- Manage or provide technical monitoring for projects that develop and deploy enterprise cyber security tools.
- Perform research and develop requirements documents leading to improved methods for the protection of IT systems including the development, application, analysis and testing of security methods and systems.
- Represent the organization at security conferences and meetings focused on IT security compliance with system architecture.