Research Assistant for the Breast Cancer Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown
Research Assistant for the Breast Cancer Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center (LCCC) clinicians are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients. Lombardi's internationally-renowned physicians treat virtually every type of cancer, including breast, lung, colorectal, prostate, head and neck, and cancers of the blood. Along with cutting-edge cancer care, we offer a program of innovative clinical trials and a full range of supportive care services to improve our patients' health and quality of life.
The Research Assistant assists the Principal Investigator (PI) on a daily basis to carry out experiments for ongoing projects to understand molecular mechanisms of drug resistance in breast cancer. Particularly, s/he helps in maintaining and using cancer cell models for cell viability assays and molecular and biomechanical techniques; troubleshoots technical problems we come across when working with these new experimental designs; and conducts some online research. Reporting to the Principal Investigation, the Research Assistant has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Performs aseptic techniques for cell culture (human cancer cell lines)
- Conducts biochemical and molecular assays for cell viability (western blotting, PCR, apoptosis assays)
- Performs collecting, analyzing and reporting data
- Performs online research of published scientific studies (PubMed)
- Troubleshoots techniques and procedures.
- Orders and stocks common lab supplies.
- Adheres to and enforces lab safety techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences
- At least 6 months' experience in a lab setting
- Familiarity with basic cell culture or molecular and biochemical techniques (for example, PCR, Western blotting)
- Preference for familiarity with cancer research
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.