Entry Level Communications Associate
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an Entry Level Communications Associate to join our team in Washington, DC. The Marketing & Communications Services (MCS) unit provides a variety of services to our client organizations, including branding, creative services, public relations, membership publications, and convention and event marketing that goes beyond the successful execution of program and campaign deliverables. Our team partners with association leaders and other volunteers to develop marketing and communication strategies that are based on solid research and analysis that support the overall objectives of the organization.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to the organization, production and distribution of marketing collateral and communications deliverables, including email, newsletters, website content, press releases and social media
- Write and edit copy tailored to multiple audiences for multiple clients
- Update production schedules and advertising/editorial calendars
- Update client websites and social media channels
- Manage development, materials/delivery and tracking of advertising and media trades
- Organize and update distribution lists
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You possess an awareness of the general marketing process: research, planning, promotion and evaluation
- You have a passion for marketing and communications, and the impact this function has for nonprofits
- You have a proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You're a self-starter but appreciate being part of a team-oriented environment
- You have the ability to travel up to 5%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution with a focus in Marketing, Communications or Business
- 0-1 year of relevant professional experience
- Agency and/or association management experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of the general marketing process - research, planning, promotion and evaluation
- Solid understanding of social media and the ability to navigate popular outlets (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Proficiency with popular IT applications (Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail systems) and a basic understanding of HTML
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.