Advertising Operations Coordinator
Summary of Duties:
The Coordinator of Advertising Operations is primarily responsible for managing specific business operations associated with advertising placements in ASAE’s award winning print publication, Associations Now magazine, and its supplements, as well as managing the reporting and analysis of all Associations Now print and digital products. In addition, this position will also be an integral part of assisting with project management and planning of future product offerings within the digital space. The Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Advertising Operations and has frequent interaction with the Publisher, Manager of Advertising Operations, Account Management Team, Editorial and Production Team, advertisers and ASAE members. This position supports advertising operations associated with a department budget exceeding $4 million in annual advertising revenue.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Display Ad Traffic Management – Manage and produce accurate advertising closing reports for Associations Now magazine, its supplements and all ASAE print publications. Includes: Estimating pending ad space, tracking display ad material submissions, monitoring the FTP site, providing late material lists, meeting critical deadlines as outlined on the master editorial schedule, managing projected page count reports, checking blue lines, assisting with print orders, attending weekly production meetings, and being chief liaison to the Editorial & Production team.
- Revenue Reporting – Generate, process and distribute bi-weekly reports to Account Managers and Publisher. Including Fiscal year revenue to date reports for both print and digital sales as well as trial balance reports.
- Listing Management – Project Manager for planning and managing all operational functions related to Company Listings available in two print guides: IE: The Guide to AMC’s and The Guide to Consulting Services. Includes: Creating and sending promotions, managing and updating online listing forms, pulling email lists, working with the Marketing Team to send email blasts, assisting with order and listing processing, managing payments, proofing and providing data to Production Team.
- Online and Print Buyers’ Guide Assistance – Works with the Director and our partner company, Naylor Association Solutions, with operational functions associated with these two buyers’ guides including data exchanges, member record updates and member inquiries and proofing.
- Advertorial Management – Coordinates and schedules all advertorial materials including copy, display ads and destination photos.
- SRDS Project Manager – Handle the listing package for our magazine Standard Rate and Data Service listing Package. Includes launching initial listing and banners and keeping listing relevant with quarterly updates.
- Audit Assistance – Assist Director with new BPA audit including bi-annual publisher statements and annual audit.
- Department Point of Contact – Respond to both phone and online customer, agency and sales team requests with immediate and appropriate follow through.
- Marketing Collateral – Assist Director of Operations with planning, designing and distributing marketing collateral and promotions to assist Account Management team in securing advertising sales.
- Digital Ad Placements – Assists Manager of Operations with scheduling, uploading digital ad materials, analyzing & trending monthly digital ad statistics and assisting with other performance analysis.
- Industry Partner Microsite – Assist the Director of Advertising Operations with providing relevant resources on the IPA and Advertising areas of the AccessAssociations website. Includes mastering the CMS software system.
- Mailing Lists Management – Coordinate member data to support the sales efforts of the independent firm that manages ASAE’s mailing list sales. Handle all internal mailing list requests. Approve all mailing samples.
- Streamline Operations Processes – Troubleshoot, suggest and implement new procedures to streamline operational processes to increase department productivity.
- Database Utilization –Full understanding and utilization of the Aptify database including advertising module as well as list pulls and demographic reporting.
- Professional Development – Actively participate in ASAE educational events to expand knowledge of the Association and Industry Partner market to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Meeting/Conference Assistance – Coordinate resources, logistics, meeting rooms and resources for Sales Team meetings and IPA meetings. Also includes handling collateral and magazine shipments to ASAE signature conferences and events.
- Inventory Management – Responsible for managing publication inventory and storage.
- Magazine Comp List –Manage the Associations Now complimentary magazine subscription list.
- Additional Responsibilities – Assist with other department duties as needed.