The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB), a non-profit scientific organization, seeks an individual to provide administrative support for the management of scientific meetings and conferences.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Meetings Manager with assigned meeting activities, including tracking event contracts and proposals, maintaining files, assisting with set-up instructions for meeting spaces, and preparing and confirming orders.
- Assisting with email correspondence and client communications and preparing event related mass correspondence.
- Administering special function activities with direction from the Meetings Manager.
- Working with the Meetings Manager to prepare agenda and materials for committee meetings.
- Provides onsite support to meeting staff, client leadership, and attendees as
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have 1-2 years of related meetings experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and multitask.
- Experience with scientific meetings preferred.
How to Apply:
For a detailed job description and to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment
Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
FASEB is conveniently located in Bethesda close to Routes 270 and 495. FASEB offers competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient location to major thoroughfares, free parking and the opportunity to support the scientific community and researchers from around the world.
For more information about FASEB, visit: www.faseb.org