The Housekeeper is responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the interior and exterior of the building(s) and grounds in a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to cleaning, scrubbing, washing, sweeping, dusting, and removal of debris. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans halls, stairways, public restrooms, offices, lounges, elevators, trash rooms, corridors, and all common areas.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Cleans resident units as needed.
- Sweeps, scrubs, and mop all lobbies, trash rooms, recycle rooms, and hallways.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, elevators, and blinds.
- Dusts furniture.
- Washes walls, ceiling, light fixtures, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Picks up debris and recyclables inside building(s), near building(s) entry and grounds.
- Completes all items on Weekly Housekeeping Checklist.
- Ensures that all green policies are followed including use of chemicals as directed.
- Collects recyclables daily.
- Participates in the on-call BFOD (Bodily Fluid On Duty) rotation.
- Participates in the on-call Snow Removal rotation.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; keeps emotions under control.
Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.