6 days left
- Full Time
Network Systems TechnicianContract: Worldwide Systems Field Software SupportSystem: DCGS-A (Mobile)Location: JB Elmendorf - Richardson, Alaska GENERAL SUMMARY:
- GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army’s Communications-Electronics Command’s (CECOM) Software Engineering Center’s (SEC) vision to maintain a trusted high performing team who lives the Army values and delivers software to enable the Expeditionary Army while supporting the SEC mission of ensuring operational readiness by developing, providing, integrating and maintaining Army Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), Logistics and Business software.GDIT support to the SEC covers a wide range of garrison, exercise, combat operations and contingencies to the users of strategic and tactical command, control, communication, and computer (C4), business, and logistics management systems.GDIT support will be provided to the various functional areas within the CECOM SEC to include Regional Field Support, Operations Center, and world-wide Customer Support Center offices established by SEC Field Support Division (FSD).Candidates will:Analyze and manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems, and suggest emerging technological advances that may improve current platforms.Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to users on a larger grouping of systems; supports multiple end-users at Brigade/Division level.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.Be capable of supervising a local team of field software service engineers and field service analysts and managing process improvement.Possess exceptional oral and written communications skills and the ability to work independently, with minimal direction; self-motivated and results-focused mindset are a must.Prepare status report as well as briefings for the customer and upper management. Develop plans and schedules. Manage Security activities in specific areas as assigned.Maintain compliance with the standards of fitness requirement at all times throughout the period of performance of the task order.Be able to deploy to hazardous duty locations.
- Conducts functional testing of Military Intelligence systems, and write and update system documentation, procedures and training materials.Analysis of user requirements and determine functional requirements to customize, maintain, and install ESXi/VMWare, Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux operating systems, software patching, and upgrading.Working knowledge of CISCO switches to include but not limited to requirement analysis, setting up trunkports, Access Control Lists (ACL), and Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN).Able to provide military users and maintainers with over-the-shoulder training.Responsible for functional testing and implementation of backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems. Provides technical support, diagnoses, and resolves operating system problems.Provides technical support, diagnoses, and resolves network problems.Provides technical support to assist users with isolating problems, and participate in the development of system upgrades to meet client needs.Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.May program in an administrative language.Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.Codes applications and tests to software requirements.Responsible for backup and disaster recovery of Linux and Windows operating systems.Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.As required, performs checks on applications and tools and resolves any errors to ensure availability.Military/Tactical Systems experience is extremely beneficial to this role, the function of the person in this role are to support military intelligence/tactical systems. Without military experience, person would likely require a good deal of training.Military experience as a 35T, 35F, 32G, 25B or 12Y would be excellent.Provides software sustainment and system readiness reporting data to customers and program management. Develop plans and schedules. Manage Security activities in specific areas as assigned.Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.Participates in special projects as required.
- Perform Retina scans and implement information assurance security procedures and resolve findings.Performs post software installation upgrades and IAVA patching.Provide documentation and remediation for IA findings.Update IA required documentation to include; POAM and SVD.
- CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Comptia Server +, or Comptia Linux + Preferred CE: Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), orMicrosoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), or