Principal Engineer, Software
6 days left
- Full Time
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. 1. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software. 2. Researches and integrates design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities. 3. Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations. 4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity. 5. Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution. 6. Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials. 7. Troubleshoots complex problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues. 8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements. 9. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress. 10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers. 11. May serve as a technical team or task leader. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required.
- Work on-site at DISCS’s facility using government furnished equipment and software.
- Unless otherwise directed in writing, all program/application development will be done in Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, Microsoft ASP.Net or Microsoft VB.net languages.
- Contractor must use Visual Studio 2013 or later for all Web/Windows application development; SQL Server Management Studio 2012 or later for all SQL/Database development and Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) 2013 for all standalone report development.
- Identify and analyze system problems, perform troubleshooting and prepare documentation for reporting purposes as required.
- Provide programming services for maintenance and bug fixes for Microsoft SQL Server databases used by DISCS applications; this includes creating/updating DML scripts for data modification and creating/updating DDL scripts for data definition.
- Provide programming services for maintenance and bug fixes of DISCS web based and windows based applications.
- Provide programming services for maintenance and bug fixes of DISCS SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) Reports.
- Integrate applications to the maximum extent to improve usability and reduce separate application look and feel.
- Perform testing, integration, and implementation of DISCS applications.
- Provide advice and counsel to DISCS management and IT personnel as required.
- Provide systems analysis and documentation for proposed systems.