Intern - Grassroots
NRA-ILA Grassroots interns work with full time staff to advance NRA-ILA’s legislative agenda through grassroots efforts. Interns will be assigned a long-term project based on intern interests and team needs to complete during their internship. Along with their assigned project, intern duties include:
- Manage logistic and administrative needs of HQ and field coordinators through established shipping and tracking methods
- Manage grassroots inventory
- Attend and coordinate local events including gun shows, NRA University, and fairs.
- Improve and add to Frontlines database and respond to Frontlines member inquiries
- Assist with NRA-PVF campaign activities during the election cycle, including organizing volunteers and voter contact
- Attend and observe speaking events
- Complete NRA-ILA issues training to gain intimate understanding of the Second Amendment and today’s gun-control debate
Applicants should have an interest in Second Amendment issues, an understanding of NRA-ILA’s mission, strong writing and verbal skills, attention to detail, and possess knowledge of grassroots organizing. Individuals with campaign experience preferred.
Applications for the Fall Internship Program should be submitted by August 11, 2017. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.