Admissions Nurse – Part-Time
Our Hospice team has an immediate part-time opening for an Admissions Nurse to work three days per week. For nearly 30 years, our hospice has offered a wide range of quality medical and support services, from symptom and pain management to emotional and spiritual guidance for patients and their families. We are the hospice in the community to turn to for exceptional end-of-life care that supports dignity and comfort for individuals, provides peace of mind to families, and honors cultural traditions and customs.
- The Admissions Nurse will deliver quality hospice and palliative care services to patients in their homes.
- S/he will perform initial assessment of patient’s needs, serves as a clinical resource for referral sources and patients/family members, facilitates end of life conversations and decision-making with the family or caregiver.
- S/he represents our organization when communicating with patients, families, and physicians.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- An active State of Maryland RN license, CHPN certification preferred, and a minimum of 3 years of acute care and hospice experience.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide meaningful care to communicate with the terminally ill. Ideal candidates will possess excellent communication and customer service skills; attention to detail; strong organization skills, and proficient computer skills.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records a plus.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable, independent transportation to provide care to hospice patients in Montgomery County.
6123 Montrose Road
Rockville, MD 20852
Please submit the following application materials to email@example.com:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 supervisory references
The Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA) has been helping people across the Washington metropolitan area meet emotional, social, and physical challenges for more than 120 years. A nonsectarian provider, we serve people of all religious backgrounds, races and ethnicities, helping the youngest child to the most fragile senior, from individuals to entire families. JSSA provides services and support to nearly 36,000 individuals a year through our wide range of counseling, educational, specialized employment, in-home support, hospice and nursing care, and social services.
We are a growing Agency and strive to be an Employer of Choice. As such we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a healthy work-life balance, collaborative team environment and many opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We pride ourselves on our mission to be the first place for the Jewish community, as well as the community at large, to turn for clinical and social services of the highest quality that sustain and nurture all who seek assistance. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. AA/M/F/D